Short Tour Description
This e-MTB tour is based on the famous bandit or bandoler Joan Sala Serrallonga, his persona and the locations of his adventures: where he used to hide, smuggle and live. He was a kind of a Catalan Robin Hood and is known as the man who robbed the rich and gave everything to the poor!! Serrallonga wandered through the mountains of the Guilleries and Garrotxa areas of north-eastern Spain during the 17th Century. It is a far-reaching area of woodland, volcanoes and valleys that offered great hiding places to outlaws. This wild landscape offered animals to hunt and rivers, lakes and waterfalls for fishing and freshwater. What else could they possibly need?
Forests, volcanoes, medieval villages and timeworn trails know the truth in these stories better than anyone! Nowadays, local people are still telling tales about bandolers, partly true stories and partly legend. There is even a Catalan folk song that was written about Serrallonga! Today we find an incredible, mysterious paradise where these outlaws once hid. This tour offers a diverse route through dramatic landscapes, massive canyons, table mountains and volcanoes for cycling enthusiasts!
- 7 Days / 6 Nights / 5 Days of e-cycling
Total Km: 170-200 km *
Total Ascent: 6000 - 7000 m*
*This will depend on the daily variations of the tour that are available
- Self-Guided: 2 - 8
Highlights & Facts
- Simply delightful paths for experienced e-MTB riders
- Table Mountains: one of the most spectacular and unique landscapes in Europe
Trail of the four seasons:
- Spring: discover the soft green colours of the deciduous forests in the springtime
- Summer: enjoy the comfortable climate on the high plateau during the summer months
- Autumn: marvel at the colours of the falling leaves – our "Indian Summer"
- Winter: dry, bright and sunny midwinter days
- Accommodation at Jordi & Isabel’s cosy farmhouse
- Eating at the stone village of Rupit
- Luggage transfer included – you just need to bring yourselves!
The crisp, picturesque green of the deciduous trees in May and the autumnal colouring of the “Indian Summer” in October and November make this extraordinary e-cycling tour truly magical!